Wednesday, February 20, 2008

if I could eat all day...

While I'm full I thought I'd mention the Spanish food...

Granted I'm disappointed by the complete lack of anything spicy, they refer to any sort of dressing (olive oil with pepper, mayo, etc.) as salsa, which as you can imagine was greatly disappointing to my taste buds. But let me tell you if I wasn’t walking for hours every day I’d be packing on the pounds. There are people in my program who are actually losing weight, but they have CLEARLY not had either the Spanish tortilla or the pasta and meat sauce of Carlos Merayo, Spanish painter, host father and chef extraordinaire.

It’s not barbecue, Sardinas shrimp or homemade salsa, but it’s incredible.

Which leads me to another incredible part of Spanish culture, the siesta...sweet dreams

No comments: